Since we normally visit warm or tropical destinations for one week or less, I had to do a little more planning for this two-week trip to France and Scotland in regards to what to pack. In France, I wore dresses (with leggings underneath on the colder days) but I needed warm clothes and layers for Scotland.
Not to mention, I didn’t know how much time I would have to do laundry considering I traveled to a new hotel almost every single night of the trip. I also had to stay aware of the weight of my checked luggage and carry on because I took a couple of flights with Ryan Air — who is notoriously strict about their baggage weight limits.
We used to travel with backpacks (you can see our packing tips for backpackers post if you are interested) but our travel style has changed over the years and the last thing I want to do is lug around a heavy backpack anymore — my camera/laptop bag alone weighs almost twenty pounds.
About a year ago, we bought a new set of hardside luggage that we have been very happy with. So far, we have only used the small carry on size — it’s the perfect size for a one-week trip to a warm destination — but I took the medium-sized luggage for this trip.
Women’s Travel Packing List for Europe:
- 7 Tops – 3 Short Sleeved, 4 Long Sleeved
- 2 Pairs of Pants
- 2 Dresses
- Black Leggings to Go Under Skirt / Dresses
- Boots to Wear with Pants and Dresses
- 1 Pair of Sneakers
- 1 Pair of Flats (I LOVE these for travel and they brighten up any outfit.)
- 1 Skirt that Goes with All of My Shirts
- 1 Light Cardigan to Go With Dresses or Jeans
- 1 Heavy Coat (waterproof)
- 1 Swimsuit
- 2 Bras
- 1 Scarf
- 1 Cute Beanie
- 1 Pair of Gloves
- 1 Belt
- 15 Pairs of Underwear (These are small and I would rather not run out if I don’t have time to do laundry.)
- 10 Pairs of Socks
- Chewable Acidophilus
and Activated Charcoal Tablets
- Travel Umbrella
- Bathroom Bag with small toothpaste, small floss, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, small sunblock, toothbrush, small face wash, deodorant, comb, nail clippers and makeup.
- 1 Book (I brought Nineteen Minutes
by Jodi Picoult and it was a hard book to put down!)
- Plug Adapters
- 1 Hat
- 1 Cloth Purse that Folds Up Easily
Camera Gear & Electronics
- Camera / Laptop Backpack
- Canon Rebel T5
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II Camera Lens
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens
- Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS Zoom Lens
- Flash Cards
- Extra Camera Batteries
- Iphone 4s & Charger
- Macbook Pro & Charger
For more packing lists and tips — while still looking stylish — visit How to Stay Stylish While Traveling.
Note: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. The price stays the same for you, but if purchased through this link, the company would pay us a small percentage of the sale.