We are Travel Influencers, Photographers, Film Makers & Professional Bloggers.
Over the last 10 years, Ordinary Traveler has grown to become one of the top travel and lifestyle blogs in the world. Our website connects with an affluent and engaged audience of frequent international travelers who look to us for recommendations for their next vacation destination. Ordinary Traveler readers have an average net worth of $2 million and a large percentage stay in 4- and 5-star hotels on their trips.
Our readers actually plan and purchase the trips seen on Ordinary Traveler, in addition to continually sharing our content across all of the top social media platforms – including Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and Google+.
Ordinary Traveler averages $100,000 in affiliate sales EVERY month and is frequently listed as one of the top travel blogs by sites like Business Insider, Pinterest, USA Today, National Geographic Traveler, and more.
- Monthly Unique Visitors: 212,000
- Monthly Page Views: 285,000
- Average Monthly Social Media & Blog Reach: 3 Million
- Pinterest Followers: 850,000+ on our travel boards
- Instagram Followers: 83,000+
- Twitter Followers: 42,000+
- Monthly Affiliate Sales From Our Blog: $100,000+
- Facebook Fans: 11,000+
- Hotel Case Study: Our previous hotel partnerships have been extremely successful — resulting in dozens of confirmed bookings. We can provide a case study which shows over $28,000 in revenue and over 530% Rate of Return for a hotel we worked with in Italy.
- We’re on the first page of Google for the search term “tropical islands” as well as many of the names of specific destinations we’ve worked with!
Benefits of Working With Us:
We are one of the best content creation specialists in the business! Not only do we have a large and engaged following — reaching over 3 million people every month — but the content we produce resonates with people. Our award-winning photography, video and evergreen articles provide targeted reach for the brands we work with.
We understand SEO and social media marketing. Our articles place extremely well in Google search and we continue to dominate as one of the most influential travel accounts on Pinterest. (See our Business Insider, Gentleman’s Journal, and Yahoo.com features for more information about our influence on that platform.)
Over the past 10 years, we’ve worked with dozens of destinations and brands to create innovative travel campaigns. Examples of articles we have produced for previous partners which have garnered thousands of social media shares and visits include:
- Fairmont Hotels: A 6-day blog and social campaign with Travel Mindset, covering Fairmont Banff Springs and Fairmont Lake Louise. See more details here.
- Visit Britain: A 7-day social and blog campaign that reached over 1.3 million people. Example post: Why Wales is a Perfect Destination for Solo Travelers
- Cayman Jack: We worked with Cayman Jack on a successful 3-month campaign to promote the launch of their new product. We wrote 6 posts on our blog which received thousands of shares each. Example: Islands, Whales, & Waterfalls: Our Summer With Cayman Jack
- Air New Zealand: We partnered with Air New Zealand to promote their Cook Islands route. In addition to multiple bookings, they used our Cook Islands photos in a successful Instagram campaign that brought them thousands of followers and interest to the destination. Insider’s Guide to Travel in the Cook Islands
- Southwest Airlines: 1 of 12 influencers invited to join their #SouthwestPassport campaign.
- Palladium Hotels Campaign: Staying at The Royal Suites Yucatán by Palladium
- Pacsafe: 2+ year partnership which has lead to hundreds of sales for the brand, content creation & social exposure.
- GoPro: Official GoPro ambassador for 3+ years.
- Mauritius Tourism Board: A highly successful blog and social campaign to promote the island of Mauritius. Example: There’s Something About Mauritius
What Our Readers Are Saying:
“We booked our trip to the Cook Islands in October thanks to your blog and advice. I booked the beachcomber on Rarotonga by clicking through the link on your site. Reviews are great but I also value your opinion! Thanks so much for what you do. You really made it easy for us. Can you please do a safari so I can just book the same trip? We will be ready for that in just a few years!!!” – K. Rippy
“Needing some warmer weather at the moment and given we live in SD I am thinking we may head south. Will use your recommendations if we book anything since your cook island trip was spot on!!” – K. Rippy (Commented after their Cook Islands trip)
“Your blog post was the reason I added a day in Paris to my Europe itinerary. Thank you!” – Kelly J.
“Thanks for the great info! I just booked a reservation at Kirk Creek at the end of April due to your write-up.” – Jenna S.
“I follow you and love reading about your travels. We are also in San Diego. We have two kids (5,8) who are great travelers but have had a hard time finding the ideal get away that will be similar to a Bahamas (warm beautiful waters) trip that is only one flight and not more than 10 hours from here. Do you have a recommendations?” – Kathy
What Our Clients Are Saying:
“Based on their impressive audience, we invited Christy and Scott to blog about their experience in Mauritius and the results have been astounding! One of their articles already has more than 5,000 social shares and the photos they took during their trip here are incredible. Ordinary Traveler is definitely one of the key travel blogs any destination must work with!” – Mauritius Tourism Board
“Christy is a wonderful business partner. Her dedication to providing high-quality and interesting content on many social media platforms, as well as her insight and connection with her own audience, gave us valuable experience moving our project forward. I would highly recommend her for travel-related partnerships, and look forward to working with her on future projects.” – Valerie, Saga App
“We love working with Christy whether it be for a trip giveaway or having her visit one of our client properties to review. Ordinary Traveler has a look and feel that appeals to our clients with high quality imagery and an engaged community of readers. When it comes to working with travel blogs, those are two of the major things we look for.” – Lisa Schwartz, Diamond Public Relations
“I was at the PRSA conference last week and I was singing your praises! I was telling everyone what a successful campaign you put together, how wonderful it was to work with you and that we were very impressed!” – Katrina Early, Visit Britain
Video Production Samples:
- Lonely Planet Feature: Travel Blogger Dons a ‘Cinderella Dress’ with the Hope of Inspiring People to Travel Solo
- Norway photos featured on Bored Panda.
- Daily Mail Online Feature: Former financial adviser now makes MORE money being paid to write about her global adventure – but still loves getting home
- Featured on Business Insider as one of the Top 10 Pinterest Accounts to Follow
- Top 25 Couples Travel Bloggers in 2015 by Flip Key
- Top 15 Adventure Travel Blogs by Sacred Rides
- One of the 20 Must-Read Travel Blogs for 2014
- 20 Travel Photography Bloggers to Follow by TripAdvisor
- Featured on Sony’s website
- Top 10 Pinterest Accounts to Follow by The Gentleman’s Journal
- Listed in the Top 15 Travel Blogs To Inspire You In 2014 And Beyond
- Mentioned often on National Geographic Traveler’s Website August 2011, February 2012, June 2012, November 2012, March 2013, December 2013
- Published in National Geographic Traveler Magazine, April 2011
- Porthole Magazine – Nov/Dec Issue
- Toque & Canoe – Northern Lights Photo published November 2017
- British Columbia Photos Published in Denver Life Weddings, Spring/Summer 2014
For information regarding banner ads, sponsored posts or any other type of advertising, please email us for rates.
Please email us at christyandscott (AT) ordinarytraveler (DOT) com or use our contact form for more information.