Dreamland Beach is located on the Bukit Peninsula, about 45 minutes south of Kuta. Here’s how to plan your visit!
Dreamland Beach, Bali
I put this photo up on Pinterest and I couldn’t believe it got over 1500 re-pins in less than 24 hours. One woman even said, “this has to be Photoshopped. Look at the shadows. That’s a pool in the front.”
Sorry to disappoint, but it’s an actual pool overlooking Dreamland Beach in southern Bali. Dreamland Beach is on the Bukit Peninsula and about 30-45 minutes south of Kuta.
When I visited Bali, I found this to be one of the prettiest beaches on the island. It was also one of my favorite places to surf in Bali because it’s not shallow reef like many of the other surf spots in southern Bali. In other words, you don’t have to be as careful of hitting the reef. I was told it is only flat rock at the bottom and the rocks are fairly deep.
How to Visit Dreamland Beach, Bali
- Timing is Key: To experience the best of Dreamland Beach, I recommend visiting during the early morning or late afternoon. Not only will you avoid the intense midday heat, but you’ll have the opportunity to take in the gorgeous sunrise or sunset.
- Pack Essentials: Bring along the essentials for a beach day; sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, and a beach towel are all a must. A reusable water bottle is highly recommended to stay hydrated without contributing to plastic waste.
- Swimming Safety: While Dreamland Beach is known for its beauty, the waves can be powerful. If you’re not an experienced swimmer, it’s advisable to stay close to the shore. Always heed the advice of lifeguards and warning flags. When I surfed here, the rip tide was very strong!
- Photographer’s Paradise: Capture the beauty of Dreamland Beach with your camera or smartphone. The picturesque cliffs, golden sands, and azure waters offer unlimited opportunities for amazing photos.
- Dining Options: Dreamland Beach has a range of dining options, from beachside shacks to more upscale restaurants.
- Respect Nature: Remember to respect the environment during your visit. Avoid leaving trash behind and consider picking up any trash you find along the beach.
- Transportation: Plan your transportation ahead of time. Whether you’re staying nearby or in a different area of Bali, ensure you have a reliable way to get to and from Dreamland Beach.
- Beach Activities: Dreamland Beach offers opportunities for surfing. Board rentals are available right on the beach.
- Stay Overnight: If you’re looking for a hotel near this beach, the Villa Hari Indah is a stunning property which is highly recommended by other travelers!
For more information, visit our travel guide to Bali.